Tutti is a 100% natural, powdered decoration product based on milk, calcium carbonate, titanium dioxide, gypsum, methylcellulose and vegetable extracts. It can be coloured with pigments and gives a beautiful smooth, matte and very velvety appearance. Product of high environmental quality, Tutti is applied directly on plaster, raw wood, limewash, lime based coating.
Coloring of Tutti :
- For pastel shades : 75 g of pigments for 5 kg of Tutti
- For medium shades : 175 g of pigments for 5 kg of Tutti
- For dark shades : 500 g of pigments for 5 kg of Tutti
Tutti paint :
Mix with whisk or mixer 1 volume of Tutti in 1 volume of water. Add the pigment according to the desired color. Mix then let the mixture rise 1 hour at room temperature.
If the mixture is too thick, you can add water. The texture should be smooth. The application of Tutti paint will be done with a limewash brush.
Tutti decorative painting :
With Tutti it is possible to create multiple effects. You can test the following mixtures :
- 1 volume of Tutti + 1 volume of water + 1 to 2% of olive oil
- 1 volume of Tutti + 1 volume of water + 1/3 of mica
Finish : You can apply the egg glaze (coloured with pigments or neutral) for light protection.
Tutti coating :
Thicker than a paint, this paste is applied with a smoothing machine to obtain effects and shades.
Gradually mix 2 volumes of Tutti for 1 volume of water. If the mixture is too thick you can add water. Apply this paste in two passes.
Tutti decorative coating :
To go further, you can test the following mixtures :
- 2 volumes of Tutti + 1 volume of water + 1 volume of mica
- 2 volumes of Tutti + 1 volume of water + 1 volume of putty lime.